Beetroot, that wonderful vegetable of strong red color because of which our board, hands, kitchen are painted red when we have fun with it. It all pays off because it is so delicious and varied in preparation. It is used to make salads, cooked, pickled, baked, cakes (both raw and baked), put in latte drinks, smoothies, juices. You name it! Whatever you imagine, this root vegetable will fit perfectly and bring many benefits to the body.
I prefer it in freshly squeezed juices with carrot, apple, lemon and cloves. A combination you could drink every day. I also adore it on a garlic salad.
But recently I tried making a beetroot risotto and literally “fell on my ass” from the fineness of the flavor. I don’t know what I’ve been waiting for so far and I don’t know what you’re waiting for, if you haven’t tried it already, because it’s perfect. Just don’t get too scared when you go to the toilet after 😀
Beetroot Risotto Without Wine
This beetroot risotto recipe is special because it doesn’t contain any wine. Wine is and can be quite healthy for most people, but that doesn’t mean it has to be in every recipe. Instead of wine we’re going to use an interesting alternative – maple syrup! And some soy sauce.
My friend Doris showed me this recipe and I got all inspired. I decided to make some changes such as not including any wine. Beets are first baked in the oven, wrapped in foil. Then part is cooked in risotto and part is glazed. I hope I lured you 😉 If I did, here is the recipe.
Beetroot Risotto Without Wine
- 4 medium sized beetroots
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 small onion
- pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- 3+1/2 cups vegetable stock keep it warm over low heat
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- To start preparing your no wine beetroot risotto, preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Wash the beets, dry them and put each in a piece of foil and wrap. Put in the oven for at least half an hour, depending on the thickness of the beets. It must be soft when you prick the jaw.
- Remove the beets from the foil, peel (be careful because they are hot) and chop 2 into pieces and two into slices.
- Finely chop the onion and garlic.
- Put oil in a pan and deep fry the onion. When the onion has softened, add the garlic and simmer a little more until it starts to smell.
- Add the rice and fry briefly, stirring. Then add the chopped beets to pieces, wine, salt and pepper (to taste) and simmer until the wine evaporates.
- Then add a little hot stock, just enough to cover the bottom of the pan and cook. When the rice has absorbed the stock, add it while stirring.
- The risotto needs to be stirred every now and then to develop a creaminess. Add the stock until the rice is cooked or al dente (it feels a little under the tooth).
- When the risotto is cooked, cover and let it rest for a while. Meanwhile, heat the soy sauce and maple syrup in another pan and allow to reduce slightly. Then add sliced beets and fry briefly in reduction.
- Serve warm risotto with pieces of glazed beets and add a little fresh herbs (oregano, chives, parsley …) and yogurt (I used soy).
If you have any questions about my no wine beetroot risotto recipe, you can always let me know in the comments below – and to get started, follow the instructions below😋
Thank you for reading through my beetroot risotto without wine recipe❤️
In case you decide to make this recipe yourself, let me know your impressions and tag me on social media if you post photos. Thanks ❤️
Let me know if you have any questions or thoughts in the comments below, rate my recipe if you’d liked it, and as always, I’m sending much love and sweetness to you!❤️😃
If you have any questions about my recipe, you can always let me know in the comments section – right here! 😊